The interior was definitely the worst appearing part of the Festy. Even with the water pump and the clutch being a problem, the interior will take more work. The part on the seat is a shifter rod we fixed the pivots on them to remove the slop.
We began removing interior parts soon after we got it. (I guess we’ll be lucky to not loose things...) We were looking for options for speakers and where to hide the components. There is not a lot of room to tuck things away out of sight. We are going to have to get kinda creative to find hiding places.
I guess the first part of cleaning out the interior was gathering all the tools up! Once we removed all the seats, panels, and carpet, we pressure washed it inside and out and let it dry for a week or so.